Saturday, November 19, 2011

~~ A Year Has Gone By ~~

Technically not, but very close.  A lot has changed in the past year and a lot of things have stayed the same.   


I started this blog last November as an outlet to sell our handmade / homemade accessories.  Soon afterward, I decided to open a shop on Etsy and haven't touched this page since.  As a newbie blogger, I was so proud of the background I chose, the way the colors complimented each other and the fact that I was actually able to add pictures of my items.  Looking at those pictures now -- I cringe.  


I've noticed this change in the items I craft as well.  Starting out, I was full of enthusiasm, but very little know how or supplies.  While I have always maintained that my items be as well made and  professional as possible, some of the first items would not make the grade now.  


I guess this should be true in all areas of our lives --this growth.  If not, we become stagnant and irrelevant and if so, what is our personal influence? We have a need to "better" ourselves, to "become" more today than we were yesterday.  


I am still a newbie blogger. I can not promise profound thoughts or daily posts. But I will post thoughts, ideas, new items, etc and with some luck, they will be at least mildly entertaining. 


I hope it will be a testimony of growth. Growth as a crafter and business owner, but as a person as well.  Another year will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment